Saturday, March 1, 2008

Iditarod start



On a perfect spring day I volunteered at the take-out for the ceremonial Iditarod start. Over one hundred teams came through, including the absolute heroes of Alaska, Lance Mackey with Larry, Hansom, Rapper, and Hobo.

I also make an exception for celebrity breast cancer women and even pink ribbons for Dee Dee Jonwroe. Here she is signing autographs. Pink was her trademark long before she had breast cancer - even her dogs' harnesses are pink. I hope she has a great run. to Nome this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FW,

Your attitude seems better than mine when I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I was mad that I had no symptoms. PSA 19 to 32 in 4 months. Now awaiting PSA and results. 40 days of radiation and Lupron for 12 months. I have a lot of respect for the Hikers.And the splendid dogs ! kerrsir@email.com